Anthropos India Foundation: A Glimpse
Anthropos India Foundation ( AIF) is a trust, registered in Delhi in October 2011. The aim is to promote the discipline of Anthropology, its philosophy and methods and engage in applied and Action Research. AIF through its work seeks to address issues in the local/ regional context, based on the ‘emic’ perspectives and bottom up approach to solve the problems faced by the communities and its people. Taking due consideration of the local knowledge and respecting the local culture and ecology, AIF has been conducting community based research and in its effort has tried to inform the Policy initiatives too.
Apart from conducting the community based action research, AIF also organizes distinguished guest lectures by eminent anthropologists and social scientists which are recorded and available on the official website. The main aim of this lecture series is to share knowledge with the young scholars and future generations. AIF is also promoting Visual Anthropology through vibrant, authentic, meaningful ethnographic films and photo documentation.
The vision of Anthropos India Foundation (AIF) is to bring Anthropology to the forefront in India. AIF also provides a platform to share, debate and publish research findings in this areas. AIF strives for enhancement, vibrancy and application of Anthropological methods and theories in Indian context, focusing on Applied and Visual Anthropology. Through its action research, we would like to reach out to women, children and other marginalized sections in the areas of health, education and child rights
Anthropology is everywhere, Let’s practice it. Through action research we would like to reach out to women, children and other marginalized sections in the areas of health, education and child rights.
Areas of Work:
- Strengthening Anthropological research methods among practitioners.
- Conducting Anthropological research; Applied and Action and reach out to Communities.
- Consultancy, Capacity Building through trainings and workshops.
- Advocacy and policy interventions on the issues of health, education and child rights.
- Organizing and disseminating distinguished guest lectures by the eminent Anthropologists and Social Scientists.
- Promoting Visual Anthropology through vibrant, authentic, meaningful ethnographic films and photo documentation.
- Publishing books.